Catholic. Feudal House of Spain that traces its lineage to Fernando, Lord of Acuña-Alta and links its origins to Infant Pelayo Fruela, called the Deacon (1032) of the ancient Royal House of Léon. Rico hombres of the Blood in Portugal and in Castile. Took the name of Téllez-Girón following the marriage (1398) of Martin Vazquez de Acuña, Count of Valencia de Campos to Teresa Téllez-Girón, last of the House of that name. — [The House of Téllez-Girón also traces its origin to the Kings of Léon from the Gothic dynasty. Pedro Girón, Grand Master of the Order of Calatrava (+ 1466). Count of Ureña, 1464; Duke of Medina de Rioseco granted to Fernando Enríquez y Velasco, 5th Adm. of Castile, Count of Melgar and Lord of Medina de Río Seco (+ 1542) by Charles V 22 April 1538; Duke of Osuna, 5 Feb 1562; Marquess of Peñafiel, 1568, Grandee of Spain 1st Class and recognition of the former Grandeeship, 1520; acquisition by inheritance of the titles of Duke of Benavente (of the House of Pimentel), Duke of Gandia (of the House of Borja), Duke of Uceda (of the House of Sandoval) — granted in favour of Cristóbal Gómez de Sandoval Rojas y de la Cerda, 1st Duke of Cea (b c. 1581; + 1624), by Philip III, 16 May 1610 —, Escalona (Pacheco), all with Grandeeship.] — Duchy of Arcos (Arcos de la Frontera, Andalucia) granted by elevation of the Countship of the same in favour of Rodrigo Ponce de León y Ponce de León, 3rd Marquess of Zahara (b 1493; + 1530) by Isabella I of Castile, 20 Jan 1493. Upon the death of the 11th Duke, Antonio Ponce de León y Spínola, in 1780, the title joined with the Duchy of Osuna. Duchy of Plasencia (Cáceres) granted by elevation of the Countship of the same in favour of Álvaro de Zúñiga y Guzmán, 2nd Count of Plasencia, later 1st Duke of Béjar, 1st Duke of Arévalo and 1st Count of Bañares (b c. 1410; + 1488) by Queen Isabella I and King Ferdinand V of Castile, 1476; Duchy of Arévalo was forfeited, but those of Béjar and Plasencia where inherited by the descendants of the 1st Duke and were held jointly until the 19th century; the two titles passed from the House of Zúñiga to that of Osuna upon the inheritance of María Josefa Pimentel, 14th Countess and Duchess of Benavente and Duchess Consort of Osuna, 1777. Upon the death of the 12th Duke of Osuna all of his titles were distributed by royal warrants of Queen Isabella II among his numerous nephews. Dukedom of Plasencia granted with Grandeeship to María del Pilar Gayoso de los Cobos y Sevilla (b 1856) as 16h Duchess. The subsequent three dukes died without issue, and the title was claimed by Ángela María Téllez-Girón Duque de Estrada, 16th Duchess of Osuna, 1962.
ANGELA María Téllez-Girón y Duque de Estrada, 16TH DUCHESS OF OSUNA, 21st Duchess of Medina de Río Seco, 17th Countess and Duchess of Benavente, 16th Duchess of Arcos, Duchess of Gandia, Duchess of Uceda, 20th Countess of Oropesa, 12th Marchioness of Jabalquinto, Countess of Penaranda de Bracamonte, Countess of Fuensalida, Marchioness of Frechilla and Villarramiel, del Toral, of Lombay, of Frómista, 20th Countess of Ureña, of Pinto, of Alcaudete, of la Puebla de Montalbán, Grandee of Spain 1st Cl., b at Malaga 7 Feb 1925, succ. her father, dau of Mariano Tellez-Giron y Fernandez de Cordoba, 15th Duke of Osuna, etc. (b 9 Sept 1887; + 3 Oct 1931) and Petra Duque de Estrada y Moreno (b 9 Nov 1900; m 1stly at Espejo, Córdoba 26 Oct 1946, Pedro de Solís-Beaumont y Lasso de la Vega (b at Seville 17 Sept 1916; + there 2 Feb 1959). She m 2ndly at Madrid 6 Dec 1963, José María de Latorre y Montalvo, 6th Marq. of Montemuzo, 8th Marq. of Alcántara del Cuervo (b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???] 1923; + at Castillo de Espejo, Córdoba 31 July 1991), KM.
[Plaza del Mayor, 12, ES-45516 La Puebla de Montalbán; Calle de Julián Romea, 17, ES-28003 Madrid].
Daughters - 1st Marriage
1. Angela María de Solís-Beaumont y Téllez-Girón, 18th Duchess of Arcos, 18th Marchioness of Peñafiel, etc. [succ. to the Ducal title and Grandeeship by Letters Patent 10 Jan 1973], b at Seville 21 Nov 1950; m 1stly at Puebla de Montalbán, Toledo 3 March 1973 (m diss by div), Álvaro de Ulloa y Suelves, 11th Marq. of Castro Serna, 14th Count of Adanero, b at [Place of Birth ... ???] 12 Aug 1950. She m 2ndly at [Place and Date of Marriage ... ???] 1994, Pedro Romero y Solís (b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???]).
[Calle de Claudio Coello, 50, ES-28001 Madrid].
1. Ángela María de Ulloa y Solís-Beaumont, 21st Countes of Ureña, b at Madrid 23 Nov 1973.
[Address … ???]
2. María Cristina de Ulloa y Solís-Beaumont, Marchioness of Jarandilla, b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???]; m at Madrid [Date of Marriage ... ???], Jaime Álvarez de las Asturias Bohorques y Romeu (b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???]).
[Address … ???]
2. María de Gracia de Solís-Beaumont y Téllez-Girón, 19th Duchess of Plasencia, 19th Marchioness of Frómista, 25th Marchioness del Villar de Grajanejos, Grandee of Spain 1st Cl. [succ. to the Ducal title by Letters Patent 7 Feb 1974], b at Madrid 12 March 1957, DHDM, restorer; m at Puebla de Montalbán, Toledo 11 Oct 1975, Carlo Emanuele Ruspoli of the Princes of Poggio Suasa, 3rd Duke of Morignano, Noble of Viterbo (b at Rome 29 Oct 1949), KHDObM, GCpMM, GCJCO, GCSC, KOIC, KCMRI, dott. arch. (Rome), writer and researcher, and has issue (see Ruspoli).
[Calle de las Amapolas, 8B, ES-28003 Madrid].
Daughters - 2nd Marriage
3. María del Pilar de Latorre y Téllez-Girón, 15th Duchess of Uceda, 7th Marchioness of Montemuzo, Marchioness of Belmonte, Grandee of Spain 1st Cl. [succ. to the Ducal title and Grandeeship by Letters Patent 24 Sept 1981], b at [Place of Birth ... ???] 5 Aug 1965; m at Espejo, Córdoba 23 Oct 1993, Miguel Angel Pastor y Vélez (b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???]).
[Calle del General Rodrigo, 3, ES-28003 Madrid].
4. María de la Asunción de Latorre y Téllez-Girón, 22nd Duchess of Medina de Rioseco, Countess Salazar de Velasco, Grandee of Spain 1st Cl. [succ. to the Ducal title and Grandeeship by Letters Patent 24 Sept 1981], b at Madrid [Date of Birth ... ???] 1968; m at [Place and Date of Marriage ... ???], Cristóbal del Castillo Ybarra (b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???]), and has issue,
[Address … ???]
1. Cristóbal del Castillo y de Latorre, b at [Place and Date of Birth ... ???].